By the end of the course, candidates will be able to manage the following.
1. The role of the first aider
2. Communicating with a casualty
3. Contents of first aid kits (and avoiding cross infection)
4. Recording of incidents and accidents
5. Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
6. Administer first aid to a casualty who;
– is unconscious
– requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
– is choking
– is wounded or bleeding
– is in shock
– has minor conditions
– to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns & scalds, small splinters.